Annual West Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Meeting Speaker's Presentations - 2012 *
Catharine Powers "Feeding Children: The RD's Role at Home, School and in the Community".
Dr. Jim Painter "International Food Guides".
Michelle Hoppman "Clinical Dietetics: Out of the Office".
Lynn Spaulding "Fiber, Prebiotics and Probiotics: Assisting in the Challenge of Bowel Management in the Elderly".
Peter Beyer "Inflammatory Bowel Disease"
Sarah-Jane Bedwell "Nutrition and Eye Health"
Don Davis "Dietetic Licensure, Enforcement and Public Policy"
Susan Poindexter "Viva Mexico"
Peter L. Beyer "Nutritional Implications of Crohn's Disease"
Moira Gledhill "Food Service and Healthcare Reform"
Jill Johnston "Coding for Malnutrition-A Success Story at WVU Healthcare"
* Before attempting to read these files, you will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed (download Acrobat Reader Link). The free Adobe Acrobat reader will allow you to view and print PDF files.
Five Reasons to Visit Your Local Farmers' Market:
- You are supporting local farmers
- Fresh produce (with lots of variety from different vendors)
- Less energy is used in getting the produce to the market
- It's a good opportunity to socialize with others in the community
- It's cheaper!
Be sure to check out some of our favorite Recipes